Past Simple i Past Perfect - dwa często stosowane czasy przeszłe w języku angielskim, różnią się od siebie nie tylko formą, ale także znaczeniem. Jeśli chcesz mieć pewność, że używasz ich w poprawny sposób, odśwież swoją wiedzę na temat ich zastosowania. Przystępne wyjaśnienia i przykłady użycia znajdziesz na www.speak-up.pl/gramatyka.
Porównanie czasów Past Perfect i Past Simple - testy do rozwiązywania
Nasze ćwiczenia na porównanie czasów past simple i past perfect pomogą Ci
w samodzielnym opanowaniu tego zagadnienia. Pobierz nasze testy w formie pdf na komputer, wydrukuj, rozwiąż i sprawdź odpowiedzi w załączonym kluczu.
Wybierz poprawną opcję.
- By the time we arrived the film already started / had already started.
- I didn’t see / hadn’t seen Mark yesterday.
- In 2013 my sister emigrated / had emigrated to the UK.
- The tourists were thirsty. They didn’t drink / hadn’t drunk anything for a few hours.
- We went / had gone to the cinema three days ago.
- James saved / had saved the hostages before the day ended.
- How long did she know / had she known about the situation before she decided to inform you?
- Where did they spend / had they spent their last holidays?
- The new manager is very difficult to work with. He changed / had changed his decision at least four times before we finished our last meeting.
- By the end of the day Daisy wrote / had written more than fifty pages of her latest novel.
Uzupełnij luki czasownikami w nawiasach w poprawnej formie.
- How many books _______________ (Mrs Binge / write) before she retired?
- I was tired after work so _______________ (I / watch) my favourite TV series and _______________ (go) to sleep.
- _______________ (you / walk) your dog before you left for work?
- My mother was angry with me because _______________ (I / not water) the plants in my room.
- Ten years ago _______________ (Tom / work) for a different company.
- Alice _______________ (not take) more than five pictures when her camera broke down.
- By the end of last year _______________ (they / hire) fifty new consultants.
- When _______________ (you / last / talk) to your son?
- Betty was nervous because of the email _______________ (she / receive) earlier that day.
- _______________ (the visitors / be) informed about the potential risks before they entered the building?
Przetłumacz fragmenty zdań w nawiasach na język angielski.
- _______________ (Zanim odjechał), the politician had answered a lot of questions.
- We _______________ (zjedliśmy obiad) in a lovely small restaurant at the weekend.
- _______________ (Kto wynalazł) the radio?
- The road was blocked by a _______________ (drzewo, które przewróciło się) the previous night.
- I didn’t lend you the book because _______________ (nie przeczytałem jej).
- Julia _______________ (nie naładowała) her mobile phone and we weren’t able to contact her.
- Yes, I met Peter last week but _______________ (nie rozmawialiśmy) about his job.
- All the students _______________ (skończyli pisać) their tests by noon.
- _______________ (Dlaczego nie porozmawiałeś) to us before making such an important decision?
- _______________ (Czy kiedykolwiek grałeś w pokera) before you lost all your money in the casino?
Znajdź i popraw błędy w zdaniach. Uwaga! Niektóre zdania są poprawne!
- Marianne had locked all the doors before she had left the office.
- My sister had phoned me to say that her boyfriend proposed to her.
- The Vikings lived in this area hundreds of years ago.
- How long had you think about adopting a cat before you finally decided to do that?
- Did anybody help the injured man before the ambulance arrived?
- I had no money to buy that beautiful dress because I had spent it all on holidays.
- The consultant asked me who recommended their company.
- Maggie couldn’t ski because she had broken her leg a few days earlier.
- Andrew had been tired because he had spent the whole morning in an important meeting.
- Where did she work before she had started her career in teaching?
Past Perfect i Past Simple - klucz
- had already started
- didn’t see
- sister emigrated
- hadn’t drunk
- had saved
- had she known
- did they spend
- had changed
- had written
- had Mrs Binge written
- I watched, I went
- Had you walked
- I hadn’t watered
- Tom worked
- hadn’t taken
- had hired
- did you last talk
- she had received
- Had the visitors been
- Before he left
- had/ate dinner
- Who invented
- tree which/that had fallen down
- I hadn’t read it
- hadn’t charged
- we didn’t talk
- had finished writing
- Why hadn’t you talk
- Had you ever played poker
- Marianne had locked all the doors before she left the office.
- My sister phoned me to say that her boyfriend had proposed to her.
- zdanie poprawne
- How long had you thought about adopting a cat before you finally decided to do that?
- Had anybody helped the injured man before the ambulance arrived?
- zdanie poprawne
- The consultant asked me who had recommended their company.
- zdanie poprawne
- Andrew was tired because he had spent the whole morning in an important meeting.
- Where had she worked before she started her career in teaching?