Rozróżnienie Past Simple i Past Continuous sprawia Ci problem? Pomogą Ci nasze ćwiczenia na porównanie czasów! A jeśli najpierw chciałbyś powtórzyć teorię, wejdź na www.speak-up.pl/gramatyka i przypomnij sobie zasady tworzenia zdań oraz stosowania Past Simple i Past Continuous.
Porównanie czasów Past Simple i Past Continuous - testy do rozwiązywania
Nasze ćwiczenia pomogą Ci samodzielnie wyćwiczyć różnicę w stosowaniu dwóch najważniejszych czasów przeszłych w języku angielskim. Po prostu pobierz je na swój komputer, wydrukuj, rozwiąż w dogodnym dla Ciebie czasie, a potem sprawdź odpowiedzi w załączonym kluczu.
Wybierz poprawną opcję.
- John bought / was buying a new bicycle last week.
- Today at 5 am my daughter still slept / was still sleeping.
- When we arrived / were arriving, our parents watched / were watching TV.
- The train to Oxford departed / was departing 15 minutes ago.
- Mary didn’t use / wasn’t using the computer between four and five o’clock.
- It rained / was raining heavily when the car crashed / was crashing.
- Mike made / was making dinner when the telephone rang / was ringing.
- The children put on / were putting on their jackets and left / were leaving the house.
- The manager didn’t answer / wasn’t answering my question.
- What did you do / were you doing when the murder happened?
Uzupełnij luki czasownikami w nawiasach w poprawnej formie.
- When I _______________ (see) Jim he _______________ (stand) at the bus stop.
- _______________ (it/snow) when you _______________ (wake up)?
- We _______________ (still / pack) our suitcases when our Uber _______________ (come).
- The children _______________ (not sleep) when I _______________ (come back) home from work.
- Betty _______________ (not work) all day yesterday.
- We _______________ (think) about moving to the countryside but finally we _______________ (decide) not to do it.
- While we _______________ (talk) we _______________ (see) Peter on the other side of the room.
- Our aunt Annie _______________ (visit) us at the weekend.
- Jeremy _______________ (break) his leg while he _______________ (ski).
- While Nina _______________ (watch) her favourite TV series I _______________ (relax) on the balcony with a book.
Przetłumacz fragmenty zdań w nawiasach na język angielski.
- I was downloading some files when _______________ (mój komputer się zepsuł).
- _______________ (Czy ty rozmawiałeś) on your mobile phone during the lecture?
- _______________ (Dlaczego wasz pies szczekał) all night long?
- _______________ (Nie spałem) in the cinema! I just closed my eyes for a few moments.
- While you two _______________ (rozmawialiście) _______________ (skończyłam) preparing the presentation.
- _______________ (On poznał) his wife when he was a student.
- _______________ (Czy twoi studenci śmiali się) when you told them the joke?
- Samantha _______________ (pisała maila) when the manager called her.
- _______________ (Nie wiedzieliśmy) about the changes.
- _______________ (Co wy omawialiście) when I entered the room?
Popraw błędy w zdaniach.
- Alice was deciding to adopt a dog from a shelter.
- The government was announced new taxes last week.
- Erik read a book when I called him.
- Were you liking helping friends when you were a child?
- Our uncle were working in the garage when we arrived.
- Did you doing shopping yesterday?
- Were you often playing alone as a child?
- The police was stopping him while he was crossing the street at the red light.
- The Chinese wasn’t invent the electricity.
- When the storm started the toursits weren’t knowing what to do.
Past Simple i Past Continuous - klucz
- was still sleeping
- arrived, were watching
- wasn’t using
- was raining, crashed
- was making, rang
- put on, left
- didn’t answer
- were you doing
- saw, was standing
- was it snowing, woke up
- were still packing, came
- weren’t sleeping, came back
- wasn’t working
- were thinking, decided
- were talking, saw
- broke, was skiing
- was watching, was relaxing
- my computer broke down/crushed
- Were you talking
- Why was your dog barking
- I wasn’t sleeping
- were talking, I finished
- He met
- Were your students laughing
- was writing an email
- We didn’t know
- What were you discussing
- Alice decided to adopt a dog from a shelter.
- The government announced new taxes last week.
- Erik was reading a book when I called him.
- Did you like helping friends when you were a child?
- Our uncle was working in the garage when we arrived.
- Did you do shopping yesterday?
- Did you often play alone as a child?
- The police stopped him while he was crossing the street at the red light.
- The Chinese didn’t invent the electricity.
- When the storm started the tourists didn’t know what to do.